It’s a weekend, you’ve exhausted all of your accumulated energy and your excessive dancing on a Friday night has built up a grand appetite that only a buffet can manage to satiate. I’m more of an a la carte person unless of course, I find myself in the afore mentioned situation.
In any case, I HAD to try the longest buffet in Bangalore which I’ve been told has unbelievable variety. I wouldn’t buy the ‘all you can eat’ proposition until the buffet had me crawling on all fours.
Let’s start from the beginning. Chutney Chang is located on Museum Road, the turn right after Church Street Empire, it’s very easy to locate and you can’t possibly miss it. As you enter the premises, you are welcomed by ample parking space and an efficient valet parking which is a boon especially at commercial areas such as this. You will notice, as you are being escorted to your table, that the interiors have Indo-Chinese influences on elegant arrangements. You will mostly see group tables, most of them full around lunch time, completely taken over by happy banter. We picked a table on the outside, neatly arranged by pristine napkins.
Now the exciting part begins, walking along the length of the buffet spread to see what’s in store for your hungry stomach. I usually take a walk around just to organize the dishes in my mind. Don’t be surprised if you are overwhelmed at the sheer range of dishes they have lined, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. I went with my best friend and we both picked up a little bit of every dish on our plates, knowing that we might not even get through halfway.
The pictures will explain to you what our plates looked like, but I have to make a mention of the different stations/ counters at the restaurant. Besides the salad, main course and dessert counters, there is a live grill station, live pasta counter, chaat counter, momo counter, tawa mithai counter and cotton candy counter. An exhaustive list of dishes are available at each one of these counters.
There are three things that stood out for me, nevertheless –
- Not just the variety but the uniqueness of the dishes- They had raw papaya salad, dim sums, shredded lamb tossed in devils sauce, crispy fried fish in chilly oyster sauce, exotic vegetables, tawa mithai, blueberry pancakes- the kind of dishes that are not available at your typical buffet.
- The PRICING! – it’s priced at RS.718/- AI for weekday ( Monday- Thursday) lunches and Rs.810/- AI for weekday dinner buffet. On weekends it is Rs.810/- AI for lunch buffets and Rs.868/- AI for dinner buffets. How’s that for being light on your pockets?
- They take the phrase ‘All You Can Eat’ seriously. I also mean unlimited fresh whole tava fish which is normally priced around Rs.400- Rs.700 for a single portion at restaurants. Including fish in the buffet is a winner for me!
- Balanced meal- Be assured that all the requirement of your body are met with as the buffet covers all types of fruits, vegetables, cereals, pulses and meat, packed with nutrients!
Settle for a mocktail (or ten) as you patiently enjoy one course after another. I might have overdosed on their delectable lassi that came with a generous sprinkle of dry fruits. My main course included the kache gosht ki (dum!) biryani and some lemon tea as an accompaniment.
Chutney Chang buffets are best enjoyed under these circumstances-
- 1) Group parties! The place is perfect to throw your birthday treat, kitty party, family get-togethers and reunions. The large plates were made for sharing! Additionally, an exclusive party hall is available to 200 pax.
- 2) When you’re slightly broke AND hungry.
- 3) Sunday brunch
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed plates and plates of food assembling on our table and being consumed shortly thereafter. I’m so glad that there has been no compromise on quality or taste that I usually fear when it comes to buffets. And that’s perhaps why Chutney Chang has been awarded for 3 consecutive years as the best restaurant in the fine-dine buffet restaurant category at the TIMES FOOD AWARD for the years 2016 and 2017.
Here’s a few pointers that could help you before you head to the restaurant
- Chutney Chang is housed in two locations – the Central Business District of Bangalore viz. Museum Road, Off M.G. Road & Cosmopolitan Club,22nd cross, 3rd block, Jayanagar.
- Special offer of Eat 5 & Pay 4 is applicable on reservations through Fusion Foods App.
- A special mock tail is on offer when you Check-in on Facebook at Chutney Chang and flash the same to the server.
- Lunch timings are from 12:00 P.M to 3.30 P.M ; Dinner- 7:00 P.M to 11.00 P.M
- For Reservations , Museum Road – 080 4000 1234/ 9845109369
Jayanagar – 080 2244 3007 / 9901967373